POSITION: Executive Director of Volunteers In Service
REPORTS TO: Board of Directors
STATUS: Full-time salaried
PREFERRED START DATE: August 2019
The Executive Director will give evidence of a deep love for Christ, and will exemplify Him in all of his/her work to further Christ’s Kingdom. The person in this position will share the passion of Jesus regarding marginalized people, value and serve a diverse community, and positively motivate people in a collaborative, team-centered environment. The person will exemplify the characteristics of a servant leader.
PRIMARY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Oversee all matters regarding operations.
- Supervise and evaluate staff. Conduct regular staff meetings.
- Develop annual budget and monitor income and expenses.
- Serve as liaison to landlord (Providence Christian Reformed Church [CRC])
- Submit written report and attend Board meetings.
- Assist the Board with recruiting and orienting new Board members.
Strategic Planning and Development
- Identify new program opportunities that encourage partnering with initiatives and collaborations.
- Cast vision for, and strategically plan, a course of action for all areas of the organization.
- Oversee the fund development plan and participate in fundraising.
- Be visible in the community to raise awareness and support.
- Communicate effectively the mission of VIS to various stakeholders in churches and the community.
Training and Coaching Church Leaders
- Facilitate trainings including the annual Deacon Orientation Training.
- Provide training, coaching and resourcing for deacons and other ministry leaders.
- Communicate through blogs, e-news and facebook.
- Report at CRC Classis Meetings (2x/year).
- Serve on the Diaconal Ministry Committee (CRC Classis GR South) and give VIS report.
- Facilitate a church Leadership Training Event bi-annually.
- Grow partnerships with multi-denominational churches and agencies.
- The Director must evidence a lifestyle of Christian service, and be an active member of a Christian church.
- Be familiar with the role of the Deacon in the Christian Reformed Church.
- Provide strategic analysis and direction.
- Effectively manage people and projects.
- Communicate skillfully both verbally and in writing.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred.
- Five years minimum experience in a leadership role in a ministry setting.
- Possess critical thinking skills, and an efficient and organized work style that includes proficiency in basic computer applications.
To apply, email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by June 21, 2019.