Deacon Orientation 2018
This training focuses on the ministry of justice and mercy in the church and the importance of connecting with members and those outside the church in life-giving ways that focus on sharing the gospel. The training is not about denomination systems but rather about our role as a Christian leader in building Christ’s kingdom one life at a time. Anyone who is a leader in this area of ministry is encouraged to attend.
Topics discussed (but not limited to):
- Ministry of justice, mercy and grace; what’s involved?
- Importance of leading the Congregation in faithful stewardship, of time talent and money.
- How to mobilize the congregation to serve both within the church and outside the walls of the church.
- How the role of deacon fits in with the mission and vision of the church. Is there an accountability system in place?
- Discerning your personal spiritual habits, attitudes and posture for serving.
Monday, September 24, 2018 from 7pm-9pm
Friendship Christian Reformed Church
90 100th St SE, Byron Center, MI 49315
Thursday, October 4, 2018 from 7pm-9pm
Shawnee Park Christian Reformed Church
2255 Tecumseh Dr SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49506
There is no cost to attend but an RSVP is required so we can prepare enough materials.
For questions or to RSVP, please email Bernita Tuinenga at email@example.com with your name, church you attend, role and date that you would like to attend.