Position: Fund Development Director (Part-time)
Reports to: Executive Director
Date: February 2017
General Position Summary:
In this position, the primary role is to promote the entire organization for financial development.
- Committed to the mission and vision of VIS and serve as an ambassador.
- Oversee fund development plans and strategies
- Meet with major donors to seek their financial support and build relationships
- Share the VIS mission and programs with potential donors
- Plan and write the direct mail fundraising appeals
- Assist the Executive Director in church development, as requested
- Plan, promote, and prepare fundraising activities that present VIS to all stakeholders
- Research, write, facilitate, and present grant proposals for potential fund sources.
- Routinely participate in events/activities that promote visibility for VIS.
- Prepare reports, provide analysis, and communicate with VIS stakeholders as necessary
The above information is intended to describe the general content and requirements of this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
Skills, Abilities, and Qualifications
1. Demonstrated proficiency in written and oral communication
2. Experience with research, grant writing, and/or non-profit administration
3. Exceptional networking, marketing, promotional, and presentation abilities
4. Member of a GR area Christian church
B. Desired Knowledge
1. Understanding of VIS and diaconal structures
2. Computer skills including Word and Excel
3. Working knowledge of fundraising software
Conditions of Work
Employee Type: This is a part-time, hourly position with negotiable hours and time frames, not to exceed 20 hours/week. As this is a new position,
workload and priorities will be routinely evaluated with the Executive Director.
Compensation: Negotiable, depending on experience, education, and expected hours
Education and Experience
- College degree or equivalent experience
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and cover letter BY MARCH 10 to Bernita Tuinenga, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Printed copies can be mailed to Bernita at P.O. Box 8215, Grand Rapids MI 49518.