Prospective Board Member Application
Volunteers In Service (VIS) is a 501(c)3 non-profit faith based organization that enables
churches to be Christ’s servants in their communities.
The purpose of this application is to enable the current VIS Board to make appropriate
choices of Board Members for service to VIS and the Church.
Applicants interested in serving as a board member should first read and understand
the expectations and rules of Board Membership, read and understand the By-Laws,
and submit a completed application. Applicants may also submit references or letters of
recommendation for consideration if they so choose.
VIS Board of Director Expectations:
• Support the Mission Statement of VIS.
• Work as a part of a cohesive team with common goals.
• Share his/her skills and expertise.
• Dedicate time to VIS board meetings.
• Respect and support the majority decisions of the Board.
• Volunteer and assist in VIS’s programs and activities, include fundraising efforts.
• Participate actively in Board meetings, actions, fundraisers and public events.
• Have no more than two (2) consecutive unexcused absences from board
meetings and/or activities.
• Remain aware of the activities that are planned and make yourself available to
• Declare conflicts of interest as it pertains to your position on the Board and
abstain from voting when appropriate.
• Do your best to ensure that VIS is well-maintained, financially secure, growing
and always operating in the best interest of the church.
VIS Mission Statement
Volunteers in Service enables churches to be Christ’s servants in their communities.
VIS Statement of Faith
We believe in God, the Father, who creates and sustains us,
Jesus Christ, the Son, who redeems and rules us,
And the Holy Spirit, who guides us personally and professionally,
Through God’s inspired Word, the Bible, our infallible guide for faith and conduct, and through the
community of Christians.
We believe that our service through Volunteers In Service is an expression of our gratitude to God, and
we believe we should serve in a professional manner that brings honor to His name.
All Board Members are required to sign a Statement signifying their understanding and acceptance of the VIS Mission Statement and the VIS Statement of Faith.
Please Download (link is below) and complete the application below and email to Dave Ellens, Co-Executive Director, at email@example.com.